Thursday, September 20, 2012

You have a great face for make-up, darling.


Hi, lovelies. It has been a little while since I've done a beauty review post. I've just had so much going on! (You can read more about that later, if you want.) I suppose I should explain the title of this post. I found it on a funny ecard this morning, and laughed a lot inside and decided it was time to blog. As for me, I've been busy doing nothing, yet somehow remaining to stay busy. Does this make sense or am I the only one this has happened to? I'm busy doing nothing, as in I'm unable to leave my apartment unless someone comes to pick me up (for doctors' appts and such) but I am constantly looking for a job, on the phone with insurance companies, trying to get this done and that done so we can get the ball rollin'! I'm aware that car accidents (especially more...severe ones) can take a long time to get settled, but I guess I hadn't quite prepared myself for what that meant. All I can do now is pray and ask for patience and healing. Those two things are a must right now.
 
                        TIME FOR BEAUTY PRODUCT REVIEWS!!!!
 
 
1) Neutrogena Naturals purifying pore scrub: So, back before I got into this car accident, I wasn't really stressing all that much. This is not a good ACNE face wash. But, if all you want to do is wash your face, I love this stuff! I used it before I started breaking out everywhere (and that was honestly purely stress-related). It "gently scrubs away impurities that can build up in pores to improve complexion for fresh, clear skin." They have lots of great products, and I love their moisturizer, too!
 
2) Fekkai Glossing Cream: I was introduced to this stuff when I was working at Sephora. It's a little pricier than other items, but if you're like me, you'd go crazy in that store if you could...especially with a discount. This stuff works for ALL hair types! It has pure olive oil that helps eliminate frizz, and adds moisture & shine. All you do is wash your hair, and when it's damp or dry, apply a "pea size" amount. Works wonders! I highly suggest. I am BIG on sleek, frizz-free products with my hair type.
 
3) Axe Anarchy For Her: Okay, I must admit. I NEVER thought I was going to try this stuff. I thought it was just really weird that Axe had spray for females, and it sorta weirded me out. I would never use this as a perfume to actually go out anywhere, but say you're going to the gym (I said say. Whether you work out or not is totally up to you haha) and you're actually doing a great workout, especially because you're trying to impress Mr. Hot Bench-Pressing Man over there. Oh c'mon, I've done that soooo many times!) You don't want to reek when you're leaving, so if you don't have time to shower, go in the bathroom, spray some of this goodness on (not too much! It tells you how on the back!) and if you happen to run into eachother upon departure, he won't be giving you the stink eye. My boyfriend actually really likes the smell, but I refuse to wear it as an actual perfume. To each his...ahem, her own.
 
4) Redken extreme anti-snap leave-in treatment for distressed hair: Phew. Long name. I actually went into Ulta one day and got this stuff on accident. I was looking for another Redken product, but glad I found this one! Talk about protection for your hair! You will apply a small amount to towel-dried hair, especially in the damaged areas. This stuff will give your hair the heat protection it needs (Hi, I'm Brani. I straighten my hair A LOT!) It also triples with protecting against breakage and split ends. Basically, no matter how much crap you do to your hair, this stuff will do its best (and in my opinion, a darn good job) of strengthening, keeping it healthy & shiny.
 
...phew! I hope you enjoyed those reviews and consider buying at least one of them. If you already use any of these products, let me know! If you plan to purchase one, let me know that, too! The comment section is there for a reason.
 
 
I just wanted to leave you with that quote. It's been a trying few weeks for me. Never forget how beautiful you really are, ladies! Please. :) Don't let anything bring you down. As a good ol' friend said to me yesterday, "When you're in the darkest of dark, it'll be only that much more beautiful when the light finally starts shining." Amen! One more? Okay, since you asked.
 
 
Okay, okay...for real, ONE last thing! Please go visit my best friend in the world (since sophomore year of high school who lives in NYC and left me stranded here in FL, though I do still love her. We are thinking about working on a project together...hmmm. Anyway, her blog is pure awesome, she's a talented writer, and she has a wonderful fashion style. Go visit Amanda over at Wible Bible, you can follow her if you want (on the interwebs. No street stalking!) Perhaps we'll tell you of our new project soooooon! Have a lovely day!
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Those are all now on my shopping list. especially the Redken extreme anti-snap leave-in treatment for distressed hair. that's what I need over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're gonna try it! If you do all the heat damage to your hair like I do, it's a must! Or at least something like it, if it's too pricey for you. It works wonders. Let me know how you like it, if you do end up getting it! Funny the magic things we find when we're not even looking for them... ;) Thanks for reading, Whitney!

      Delete